The OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP) is easy to use integrated penetration testing tool for finding vulnerabilities in web applications. It is designed to be used by people with a wide range of security experience and as such is ideal for developers and functional testers who are new to penetration testing as well as being a useful addition to an experienced pen testers toolbox.
ZAP provides automated scanners as well as a set of tools that allow you to find security vulnerabilities manually.
Some of ZAP’s features:
- Open source
- Easy to install (just requires java 1.7)
- Completely free (no paid for ‘Pro’ version)
- Ease of use a priority
- Comprehensive help pages
- Fully internationalized
- Translated into a dozen languages
- Community-based, with involvement, actively encouraged
- Under active development by an international team of volunteers
Some of ZAP’s functionality:
- Intercepting Proxy
- Traditional and AJAX spiders
- Automated scanner
- Passive scanner
- Forced browsing
- Dynamic SSL certificates
- Smartcard and Client Digital Certificates support
- Web sockets support
- Support for a wide range of scripting languages
- Plug-n-Hack support
- Authentication and session support
- Powerful REST-based API
- Automatic updating option
- Integrated and growing marketplace of add-ons
OWASP ZAP w2019-12-16 has been released.
OWASP ZAP Tutorial
The post OWASP ZAP w2019-12-16 released: pentesting tool for finding vulnerabilities in web applications appeared first on Penetration Testing.