WiFi-Pumpkin is security auditing tool that provide the Rogue Access Point to MiTM (Man-In-The-Middle) and network attacks. This tool is capable of creating fake access points to utilise MITM attacks on the WiFi networks, such as: DHCP starvation attacks, Windows updates attacks, DNS spoofing, ARP poisoning, Pumpkin-Proxy, etc.
In addition, Wifi Pumpkin is capable of phishing, credentials monitoring, and capturing images on the fly.
WiFi-Pumpkin: Framework for Rogue Access Point Attack
WiFi-Pumpkin is a complete framework for auditing WiFi security. It comes with a bunch of modules and plugins, which will help you in creating a fake open wireless access point.
- Rogue Wi-Fi Access Point
- Deauth Attack Clients AP
- Probe Request Monitor
- DHCP Starvation Attack
- Credentials Monitor
- Transparent Proxy
- Windows Update Attack
- Phishing Manager
- Partial Bypass HSTS protocol
- Support BeEF hook
- ARP Poison
- DNS Spoof
- Patch Binaries via MITM (BDF-Proxy)
- LLMNR, NBT-NS and MDNS poisoner (Responder)
- Pumpkin-Proxy (ProxyServer (mitmproxy API))
- Capture images on the fly
- TCP-Proxy (with scapy)
- Moduled plugins and proxys
- Wireless Mode support hostapd-mana/hostapd-karma attacks
- Dns2proxy – different features for post-explotation once you change the DNS server to a Victim.
- Sstrip2 – MITM tool that implements Moxie Marlinspike’s SSL stripping attacks based version fork @LeonardoNve/@xtr4nge.
- Sergio_proxy – HTTP proxy that was written in Python for the Twisted framework.
- BDFProxy – Patch Binaries via MITM: BackdoorFactory + mitmProxy, bdfproxy-ng is a fork and review of the original BDFProxy
- Responder – Responder an LLMNR, NBT-NS and MDNS poisoner. (author: Laurent Gaffie)
Transparent Proxy (mitmproxy)
A proxy that you can place between in a TCP stream. It filters the request and response streams with (scapy module) and actively modify packets of a TCP protocol that gets intercepted by WiFi-Pumpkin.
- Wifi adapter (support AP/monitor mode)
- isc-dhcp-server (optional)
- php5-cli (optional)
- Linux require soft: rfkill , iptables , nmcli
Clone it from the GitHub Repo:
$ git clone https://github.com/P0cL4bs/WiFi-Pumpkin.git
Navigate to the WiFi-Pumpkin directory, and execute
installer.sh script with sudo:
$ cd WiFi-Pumpkin $ chmod +x installer.sh $ sudo ./installer.sh --install
Check if your WiFi adapter supports AP/monitor mode:
$ iw list
You’re good to go if you see ‘AP’ the list of “Supported interface modes”.
WiFi-Pumpkin should work in any debian-based system, you’ll just need to install dependencies from
requirements.txtwith the following command:
$ pip install -r requirements.txt
Add Pentoo overlay:
$ layman -S && layman -L && layman -a pentoo
$ select repository add pentoo git https://github.com/pentoo/pentoo-overlay.git $ emerge -av net-wireless/wifi-pumpkinY/N
Launch the WiFi-Pumpkin with the following command:
$ sudo wifi-pumpkin
After the launch, the following UI will open:
Now you can go to plugins tab and select the desired plugins for auditing/simulating the wifi attack.